How are you doing? I just returned from a lovely wellness trip in Styria, in Southern Austria, but unfortunately got a little sick during the weekend. :( So I like to spend my time staying at home, drinking tea, relaxing on the sofa, and do some baking! ;)
And since it´s Wednesday, it´s time for another recipe! :) This time I tried something quite unusual, but you are going to be really surprised about the delicious taste. By adding sweet potato the cake gets some really interesting texture and taste, while staying super-juicy!
Plus, it´s really easy to prepare, and it will definitely impress anybody who gets a piece. :)
- 125 g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 200 g full grain flour (I used spelt)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 g brown sugar
- 110 ml sparkling soda water
- 3 tbsp apple juice concentrate (or use sparkling apple juice from the supermarket instead)
- 65 g sunflower oil
- 100 g soft tofu
- 100 ml soy cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Steam the sweet potato dices for around 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix apple juice, water, oil, the diced tofu and cream in a separate bowl.
- Now mix the dry and moist ingredients and add the sweet potato pieces. Keep some sweet potato dices for decoration!
- Prepare your baking form with baking paper and add the sweet potato mass.
- Top with the remaining sweet potato pieces.
- Bake the sweet potato cake for around 25 minutes. Check if it´s done by using a fork: If there´s some dough stuck on it, you still have to wait a few minutes!
- Let it cool down for about 10 minutes, then take it out of the form and peel the baking paper off your sweet potato cake.
- Best served with coffee or delicious mate tea. :)
I hope you enjoyed it! :)
Have fun baking, and let me know how you liked it, by using #inavegan !