it´s VeganWednesday again, and today I want to share a very nice recipe that my boyfriend cooked for me a few days ago. After coming home from a long day at work, I was very happy to have a super tasty and healthy meal waiting for me.
I really loved it, since it uses Quinoa, a very delicious grain from South America, that is very rich in proteins and vitamins. Quinoa was used by the Ancient Inkas 6000 years ago, therefore it´s also called Inka rice.
You need (serves 2):
- 100 g Quinoa
- around 500ml water
- 1 onion
- 1 toe of garlic
- around 60g smoked tofu
- 1 spoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup
- 2 Zucchini
- 30g of almond puree
- salt and pepper
- some lemon juice
Preparation (45 minutes):
- Preheat the oven to 250°C
- Prepare the Quinoa according to the package, using salted water.
- In the meantime, dice the onion and the garlic. Cut the Tofu into small pieces.
- Fry the Tofu in a pan with some olive oil for around 3 minutes
- Add onion and garlic and fry some more.
- Then add the tomato paste, the Quinoa and the agave syrup and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Half the Zucchinis lengthwise, and remove the inside carefully with a teaspoon.
- Rub them with some olive oil and season them with some salt.
- Mix just 10ml of water with the lemon juice and the almond puree and add some salt.
- Now it´s time to fill your Zucchinis!
- First fill the Quinoa-mix into the Zucchini, and then top it with the almond-lemon sauce.
- Bake it for around 10 minutes, until the topping gets some color.
- Bon appetite!
It´s a really easy recipe, that takes only 20-30 minutes to prepare, if you prepared the Quinoa before. I recommend doing that, because it´s a great alternative to have in your fridge, when you want to prepare a quick and healthy meal.
I hope you enjoyed today´s vegan recipe, and I´m looking forward to hearing your opinions on it! Did you use Quinoa before, and what recipe would you recommend?
Have an amazing evening and see you next time! :)