it´s VeganWednesday time again! :)
This time I will be showing you the best recipe for Vegan Brownies that I tried so far. I really like the taste and the fact, that it´s relatively lowcarb and rich in proteins. Best enjoyed with coffee, frozen yogurt, vegan icecream and many, many other delicious things! :)
So I won´t let you wait any longer, let´s start with today´s recipe! ;)
You need (for 1 baking tin full of deliciousness) :
- 300g unsalted white beans (yup, beans :))
- 200g vegan dark chocolate (70% cocoa share)
- 65g sunflower oil
- 130g brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 1 fresh lemon (juice and zest)
- 80g cashew nuts (whole or grinded) (can be replaced by other nuts)
- 85g flour
- 40g whole grain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apricot jam for serving :)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Put the chocolate, the beans, the sunflower oil, syrup, lemon zest and juice in a food processor.
- Mix until smooth.
- Grind the Cashew nuts and mix with the chocolate-bean mass.
- Prepare a baking tin with some baking paper, or just oil the tin.
- Spread your brownie mass over the tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Don´t bake it too long, the brownies should be a bit moist, when you take them out of the oven!
- Let your delicious vegan brownies cool down.
- When they are cold, cut them into squares and serve them with apricot jam! :)
You might wonder, why I´m putting beans inside my brownies: I was hesitant first as well, but the beans give the Vegan brownies a great consistency, without giving any taste at all. You get amazingly moist brownies, that are packed with proteins, that you will definitely love! ;)
Let me know how you liked them, by showing me your creations on Instagram through the hashtag #inavegan, or commenting below! :)