It’s time for another Vegan Wednesday. After all the heavy food for Christmas, all the cookies and punch I was craving for something lighter and healthier.
Since I love soups that much, especially nowadays with -10 degrees in Germany, I cooked this warming, healthy and vegan tomato soup with fresh ciabatta and basil.
It’s super easy to make and tastes like heaven! :)
You need: (for 4 persons)
- Fresh Basil
- 500 g ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 Ciabatta
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 800 g of canned tomatoes
- 50ml olive oil
- black pepper, sea salt
- Pick some small leaves off the basil and cut the rest into small pieces.
- Slice the garlic and half the cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat some olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the garlic, and when it starts to get some color, add the cherry tomatoes and the basil.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes fall apart.
- In the meantime remove the bread´s crust and cut the soft parts into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pot and stir everything carefully. Nothing should stick to the bottom.
- Boil it up!
- Now, fill the empty cans with hot water and add to the pot as well. Add the bread and olive oil and let it simmer until it looks creamy.
- When the bread soaked up all liquid that it can take, the soup is ready.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the soup with the basil leaves and some olive oil.
- Buon appetito!
You can refine your Vegan Tomato Soup with some Lemon, Chili, or Pine seeds, anything is possible :)
Thanks for reading and let me know if you give it a try. You can use #inavegan, so I can find all your food creations on Instagram. ;)
All the best and happy cooking!