It’s Vegan Wednesday again and today I’m going to show you one of my favorite, super easy and delicious vegan recipes: Tofu beetroot towers! How cute are those healthy towers out of fresh tofu, super healthy and energizing beetroots and a smooth and tasty avocado cashew cream?
I love little dishes like that. You can serve them just as a starter or enjoy those power towers as a light and healthy dinner. That’s up to you.
And here we go!
You need (for 2 persons):
- 250g Red Beetroots
- 300g Tofu
- 3 Avocados
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g Cashew creme
- 2 tbsp Agave syrup
- some olive oil
- some lemon juice
- cress for the garniture
- sea salt, black pepper
Directions (20 minutes):
- First cut the beetroots and the tofu into similarly thin slices.
- Cut out circles with a small glass.
- Preheat some olive oil in a pan.
- Fry the tofu for 3 minutes on each side.
- Then add the Agave syrup and a pinch of salt to the pan and caramelize the tofu for around 30 seconds.
- Add some pepper and put them on a kitchen paper towel.
- For the creme peel the garlic clove and the avocados.
- Add both of them together with the Cashew creme and the lemon juice to a food processor, salt and pepper it and mix it.
- Now build your tofu beetroot towers layer by layer, first the beetroots, then some avocado creme, then the tofu, again some avocado creme and so on. Don´t build them too high, otherwise the towers might collapse ;)
- Garnish with some cress and serve immediately :)
Hope you’ll like my new recipe and if you try it out, don’t hesitate to use the hashtag #inavegan to show me your own tofu beetroot creations on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
And don´t forget to sign up for the newsletter to be the first to be notified, when a new article gets published! ;)
Have a nice evening!