Welcome to another “Vegan Wednesday”. Only two days left, then it’s Halloween. So I guess, it’s not a big surprise, that today’s recipe is containing pumpkin! I love pumpkins and could eat them almost every day. There are so many different variations…the classic soup, fries, stews… Be creative!
Today’s recipe is nothing special, but it’s one of my favorite dishes at the moment. And that’s the reason, why I wanted to share it with you, sweeties. :)
You all may know hokkaido pumpkins, which I commonly use to make those fries. But this time I wanted to try out something new and bought a so called musquee pumpkin. It looks a bit like muskmelon, but it tastes awesome. Even if I have to say, that my favorites are still hokkaido and butternut pumpkin.
If you´re looking for a recipe with these, I can recommend you one of my other recipes Butternut pumpkin chickpea stew or Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
You need (for 2-3 persons):
- 1/2 musquee pumpkin
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Lemon juice
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme
- Cut the musquee pumpkin and the sweet potato into the shape or wedges or fries.
- For the marinade simply put three tablespoons olive oil into a large bowl, add as much sea salt, black pepper and fresh thyme as you like (don´t add too much thyme as its taste becomes more intense in the oven).
- Add the pumpkin and the sweet potato to the bowl and mix everything.
- Put the vegetables on a baking tin, add some roughly cut onions, but don´t forget baking paper first, otherwise you´ll have to clean the whole tin later. ;)
- Bake your fries at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the guacamole, roughly cut the avocado and the tomato.
- Put it into a blender, add lemon juice (to give a fresh taste and to keep the guacamole green) and season with sea salt and pepper. If you like it hot, you can add some Jalapenos too!
- Mix the ingredients until everything´s nice and creamy.
- When the pumpkin and the sweet potatoes are crispy, put them on a paper towel before serving, to remove excess olive oil.
- Enjoy your super delicious fries with a tasty Guacamole! :)
I hope you liked this really easy and quick recipe!
Show me your version of this recipe on Instagram using #inavegan :)
Wish you all a great evening!