welcome to another “Vegan Wednesday”! I hope, you liked my recipes so far. :)
Today I want to tell you, how to cook this delicious and oriental dish. It’s perfect for autumn and winter and not too difficult to prepare.
I don´t know how you feel, but I really love pumpkins in every variation. The classic hokkaido pumpkin, which you all may probably know. It’s perfect for soups or delicious and a even healthier version of potato fries. For this recipe, we need a so called butternut pumpkin. It’s looking a bit like an oversized peanut, but it’s soooo tasty. You have to try it!
So, here we go! :)
You need (4-5 persons):
Preparation time: 90 minutes
- Butternut pumpkin or sweet potatoes (≈ 1kg)
- 2 red onions
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- some cilantro (dt. Koriander)
- 10 – 15 Kalamata olives
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- as many chili flakes as you like
- 2 cups of couscous
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Peel the butternut pumpkin (or sweet potatoes, depends on what you like better) and cut it into pieces (4-5 cm)
- Put them into a gratin dish, add some salt, pepper and olive oil, and roast them for about 30 minutes, until they are soft (190°C).
- In the meantime, roughly cut the onions, pick the leaves off the cilantro and cut the stalks as fine as possible.
- Put the stalks and the onions into a large preheated pot with a splash of olive oil and add the chili flakes and the cinnamon.
- Cook everything at low heat for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime stone the olives and cut them into large pieces.
- When the pumpkin is soft, add it to the pot.
- Add the olives, the canned tomatoes and the chickpeas (with all the water in the can) too.
- Crumb in the vegetable stock dice, and add 500 ml of boiling water.
- Set the heat to medium, and let it simmer for another 40 minutes.
- For the couscous, put it in a bowl, mix it with 3 cups of water, cover it and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Tipp: Use the cilantro leaves to decorate your meal or just cut them and sprinkle them over your meal
Besaha! (Morrocan for “Enjoy your meal”) ;)
Thanks for reading and your support so far! I’m so happy about that! :) We started Ina Nuvo – Fashion and Lifestyle Blog exactly four weeks ago and it’s just amazing: over 800 “Fans” on Facebook and almost 1200 Followers on Instagram.
Thank you so sooo much! There’s so much more to come.
You can also follow us on bloglovin or register for our newsletter to never miss a post.
Have a nice evening, babes!