welcome to the very first Vegan Wednesday!
Starting from now I will show you my favorite vegan recipes every week.
First I have to say, I’m not totally vegan, but I like the idea of eating vegan and so I am trying to cross off all animal products from my eating agenda as soon as possible. When I was 12 I started being a vegetarian, and who knows, maybe one day I will be a complete vegan. But for now let´s start off with the first recipe – Chili sin Carne :)
You need (for 2-3 persons):
Preparation time: around 25 minutes
- 100gr soya granules
- 300ml vegetable soup
- 1 zucchini
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can tomatoes
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- chili powder or fresh chili
- turmeric (curcuma)
- Prepare the vegetable soup and add the soya granules. Boil it up shortly and let it brew for around 10 minutes until there is no liquid left.
- In the meantime dice onions and garlic cloves, cut the zucchini and tomatoes into small pieces and preheat a large pot with some olive or coconut oil.
- Add the onions and garlic cloves to the pot and fry it for a few minutes, before you add the soya granules. Fry it until it looks crispy enough for you.
- Then add the zucchini, fresh tomatoes and the canned tomatoes and boil it up.
- Drain the corn and kidney beans, before you add them to the pot.
- Now it’s up to you, to season the Chili with salt, pepper, turmeric and chili to taste.
- Boil it up again for around 5 minutes and enjoy!
Please let me know, how you liked it and I would be really happy to see your own creations of this Chili sin Carne. Just use the hashtag #inavegan on Instagram! :)
Thanks for reading. Wish you all a lovely evening!